Wednesday, December 12, 2007

old people ARE cool



they are exactly what they look like. portable speakers embedded in old person carry trolleys. if you can look me in the eye and tell me that that isn't the best thing you've seen all day, then i really want to know what you've been up to. possibly hanging out at old person clubs. i guess that could suck the novelty out a little bit. the charmingly germanic product site can be found here, featuring such blistering advertising copy as "MSKYO IS A REMINISENCE TO THE GOOD OLD GHETTO BLASTER", and "ORDER YOUR OWN
MSKYO WITH US AND EXPERIENCE THE SOUND WALKS" [capitals in original text]. start altering your christmas lists people, you know the way to my heart.


[initial discovery courtesy of swissmiss]

.....................................


i go in for another bout of chemo tomorrow. in preparation, i took some steroids today, the side effects of which can include weight gain resulting from a need to eat massive amounts. sooooo beefcake. although in combination with the amount of food my mother has been pre-emptively feeding me since my return, i am beginning to wonder about the maintenance of my otherwise svelte physique over the christmas period.

also, my forearms have now been shaved to ease the process of puncturing them with big needles. i feel so sleek and aerodynamic. of course, the image is somewhat sullied by the remaining tufts of hair on my fists, but there ain't nobody going near my MAN HANDS... *cough*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha. Oh dear. I know. I do swear I'm not crazy.
I am, however, dissapointed that spam comments are more coherent than mine.
My original point was, people get very sensitive nipples when they breastfeed, Luke.
OH never MIND.
Can you ever imagine having the impulse to compulsively feed someone? Something fascinating must happen to your head when you become a mother. I hope its comfort food. Shepard Pie better feature.
Well. I hope today goes well kiddo. Much love.

marianne said...

I gotta say, those are rockin' old people trolleys. I WANT one!
Good luck with the chemo, Lukey!
Weng Weng is very bizarre... Sometimes I worry...

Anonymous said...

I am seeing Joel's body with your head on it... frightening

Those trolley's are awesome. Next Thursday night I am taking my ghetto blaster to Unsilent Night
http://www.decodemedia.com.au/events.php?id=1

Milosh said...

DEAR LUKE

steroids?

on top of hyper-immunity-boosting injections?

and you have no HARD proof that the chemo they're giving you is really chemo, right?

sounds like the doctors and your parents might be colluding to turn you into some kind of Nietzschean Übermensch.

keep your eyes peeled for Moira cooking you something with a faint green glow and innocently trying to pass it off as "your favourite!".......

Anonymous said...

Word up to the steroids. Be prepared for people to ask you questions such as, "but isn't it weird that you eat to STOP yourself from feeling sick?"